Pre-Summer Necessary Forms
- The Athletic Department must have all necessary paperwork for your daughter to participate this summer or tryout.
- IHSAA Physical (doctor’s signature required)
- Register your daughter w/ FHS Athletics
Summer Activities (optional)
- Open Gyms/Strength & Conditioning: Monday – Thursday mornings, 7:30 – 9 a.m., at FHS
- Monday, June 3 – Thursday, June 27
- Monday, July 15 – Tuesday, July 30
- Summer League at The Academy VBC: select evenings, 6 – 9 p.m.
- Give availability to Coach Peek, so he can make the rosters for each night.
- JV/Freshman Night (Mondays): June 3, June 10, July 15, July 22
- Varsity Night (Tuesdays/Thursdays): July 16, 18, 23, 25
- All-American Camp: three days, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., at FHS
- Players will be coached by current and former NCAA All-Americans.
- $161/player; checks made payable to FHS Tiger Volleyball
Tryout Process & Dates
Many factors go into making teams, though none of them are “political.” The coaching staff makes decisions based on volleyball skills, coach-ability, future potential, and character.
The program will have three teams (Varsity, Junior Varsity, Freshman). There are limited spots available in the program. Please be respectful of the coaches’ decisions and the program’s process.
- Monday, August 5: one session (3:30-6 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 6: one session (8-10 a.m.); followed by individual meetings with each player (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Players who make a team will be given feedback on their potential role(s) in the fall, future team activities, and team paperwork to be turned in prior to practices.
Players who do not make a team will be given justification, and then the ways they can continue to be involved in the program and/or volleyball.
First Team Activities
- Wednesday August 7 (first day of school):
- After school practices for all teams begin (3:30 – 6 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 9:
- Normal after school practices continue (3:30 – 6 p.m.)
- Parent Meeting: 6 – 7 p.m. in Fishers High School’s LGI Room…please bring your checkbook.
- Friday, August 10: normal after school practice
- Team Pictures: 8:45 a.m. at FHS
- Team bonding activity to follow (TBD)