Boys Varsity Football · Varsity Football drops 2018 Mudsock 14-10

10 Fishers High School
14 Hamilton Southeastern High School
Away   Home
Away Home
Fishers High School vs Hamilton Southeastern High School
10 14
1 2   -
2 8   7
3 -   7
4 -   -

F – Safety on snap from punt

S – Matt Harris 1 yd run (Mitch Hebenstreit kick)
F – Marcus Roux 2 yd run (Collin Statz run conversion)

S – Harris 2 yd run (Hebenstreit kick)

No scoring

The 2018 Mudsock football game started out under cloudy and rainy skies. The Southeastern Royals won the toss and elected to defer so the Fishers Tigers received the ball to begin the game. Each team traded 2 punts, but the snap on the Royals second punt flew over the punter’s head and out of the back of the end zone to give the Tigers a 2-0 lead. After the free kick, both teams fumbled on subsequent plays and the Tigers eventually continued with their drive. However, the Royals defense forced a stop and that snap went over Jack Phillip’s head as the Royals recovered deep inside Fishers territory. The 1st quarter ended with the Royals facing a 4th down.

As the Royals began the 2nd quarter, quarterback Kody Sparks found Ben Boysen with an amazing catch against the defender’s back to get the Royals inside of the Tigers 5 yard line. Running back Matt Harris scored from the wildcat formation to give the Royals a 7-2 lead midway through the 2nd quarter. The Tigers answered with a great drive of 15 plays and 63 yards before a bad spot on 4th down forced a turnover on downs at the Royals 8. However, on the next play Roman Molden picked up Harris to forced a fumble that was recovered by Collin Shelton inside the Royals 20. On 3rd down with 35 seconds in the half, quarterback Marcus Roux scored from 2 yards out on a QB draw. A bad snap on the PAT was recovered and ran around the corner by holder Collin Statz to give the Tigers a 10-7 lead at half.

The Royals began the 2nd half with the ball and put together a long drive highlighted by almost every single play coming from the wildcat formation with Matt Harris in the backfield. On 4th down, the right side of the Royals line appeared to move early, but Harris was able to sneak through for a touchdown to give the Royals a 14-10 lead. The ensuing Tigers drive started off with 2 bad snaps, but Scally was able to break through for a long run on 3rd down. The Tigers continued with a long drive that ended the 3rd quarter.

Early in the 4th quarter, HL Lewis appeared to have found the end zone to give the lead back to Fishers, but it was ruled a fumble that was recovered by the Royals for a touchback. The converted on a 4th down wildcat run by Harris again to keep the drive going. A pass later in the drive fell incomplete to give the Tigers the ball on a turnover on downs at their own 40 with just under 6 minutes left in the game. The rain again played a role as the Tigers were slowed down by a couple bad snaps before a strip sack on 4th down gave the ball back to the Royals with just under 2 minutes. Another turnover on downs by the Royals gave the ball back to Fishers with just more than 1 minute. The Tigers tried to put together a last ditch drive, but the 4th down pass fell incomplete and the game ended.