Boys Varsity Football · Fishers Tigers shutout Franklin Central 23-0

0 Franklin Central High School
23 Fishers High School
Away   Home
Away Home
Franklin Central High School vs Fishers High School
0 23
1 -   14
2 -   3
3 -   6
4 -   -

The Fishers Tigers hosted the Franklin Central Flashes for senior night in another HCC competition. Fishers jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they were ultimately able to post the shutout and get back to their winning ways. Fishers racked up almost 400 yards including 282 yards passing.

The Fishers Tigers jumped out to an early lead as the first play of scrimmage went for a 68 yard touchdown as Marcus Roux found Reggie Cook-Graham on a wide receiver screen. The defense limited the Flashes to only 3 yards and took the ball back around midfield. Roux found Jeffrey Simmons for a 37 yard touchdown pass to give the Tigers a 14-0 lead just under four minute into the game. On the Flashes second possession, Brandon Benbow forced the fumble and Geoffrey Brown recovered it. The Tigers gave the ball right back as Roux scrambled but was hit hard by Cruz Reed from Franklin Central who popped the ball loose and recovered the fumble.

The Flashes had the ball to begin the second quarter but Crutchfield’s field goal attempt was well short and the Tigers took possession. After a long drive the took most of the quarter, Jack Phillips’ field goal sailed just wide left. The Tigers defense forced two more turnovers as Alex Lemaich recovered a fumble and Geoffrey Brown was able to intercept Viewegh’s pass with just under one minute remaining in the half. The Tigers were able to convert the 35 yard field goal to take a 17-0 lead into halftime.

Both teams came out of the locker room slow as the first three possessions all resulted in punts. Phillips pinned the Flashes at their own 3 and the Tigers were finally able to take advantage of good field position as Roux found Reece Boland for a 14 yard touchdown to extend their lead to 23-0 after 3 quarters.

Franklin Central put together a good drive early in the 4th quarter before two consecutive sacks from the Tigers forced a punt. The Tigers were able to run off about 4 minutes of clock and get the game clock to under 6 minutes to go in the game. The Flashes were again unable to get going as an early sack put them in bad field position.

The Tigers travel to Westfield next week before returning home for the regular season finale against Zionsville.