Boys Varsity Football · Fishers Tigers defeat Franklin Central 33-14

33 Fishers High School
14 Franklin Central High School
Away   Home
Away Home
Fishers High School vs Franklin Central High School
33 14
1 7   7
2 13   -
3 13   -
4 -   7

The Fishers Tigers traveled to Franklin Central for another HCC matchup with the Flashes. After falling behind early, the Tigers offense took to the air and was effective as Lucas Prewitt was 17 of 22 in the first half. The Tigers eventually rolled up over 400 yards on offense including 102 on the ground and 345 through the air. Prewitt connected with Jeffrey Simmons often as Simmons racked up 15 catches and 219 yards.

The Flashes received the opening kickoff but the Tigers defense was up to the task and forced an early punt. On the Tigers first offensive play, the pass was tipped and returned for a pick-6 by Joe Herman for Franklin Central to take the early 7-0 lead. The Tigers answered with a methodical 11 play, 65 yard drive capped off by a 5 yard run by Carson Dunn to tie the score. The Flashes put together a good drive into the Tigers red zone but Evan Miller recovered a fumble to halt the drive. Both teams traded punts to end the 1st quarter and begin the 2nd.

Fishers offense took advantage of their possession quickly as Lucas Prewitt found Jeffrey Simmons for 57 yards to get the drive going. After two runs, Prewitt found Caleb Gates over the middle for a 3 yard touchdown pass to stretch the Tigers lead to 14-7. Franklin Central drove down the field including two fourth down conversions before an offensive pass interference put them in poor down and distance and the Tigers eventually forced a turnover on downs. After a Fishers punt, the defense again stepped up as Dawson Scally intercepted the ball at the Tigers 8 yard line. With under two minutes in the half, Prewitt found Simmons again for 40 yards to get the drive going. With just under 20 seconds left in the half, Landon Morris made an amazing catch and got his toe just inside the end zone to give the Tigers a 20-7 lead going into halftime.

Fishers received the opening kickoff and drove down the field with consistent gains of 10 yards. Prewitt found Silas Martin for an 18 yard touchdown to extend the Tigers lead. The Flashes put together a solid drive, but the Tigers defense stuffed the potent rushing attack of the Flashes at the goal line to take over on downs. The Tigers flipped the field, but we ultimately forced to punt. Franklin Central could not take advantage and turned the ball over on downs. The Tigers converted as Prewitt connected for his fourth touchdown of the night as he found Simmons from 1 yard out.

The Flashes got back on the board early in the 4th as Colin Badgero connected with Peyton Viewegh for an 11 yard touchdown pass. Neither offense was able to get much going late in the quarter as the Tigers won by a score of 33-14.