Alternate Physical Education
Winter Registration opens November 9th.
Fishers High School students that participate in extra-curricular activities are eligible to earn one physical education credit during the course of the high school career. This credit will be available during the fall, winter, and spring seasons. (summer sessions are not eligible)
Students wishing to earn the alternate physical education credit must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be enrolled in grades 9, 10, or 11
- Registrations must be submitted by the due date. See dates below.
- Alternate physical education credit must be registered for and completed during the season of participation.
- Students who earned an online physical education credit are NOT eligible for the Alternate Physical Education Credit option.
- Student must participate/practice in the activity/sport for a minimum 3 times per week for at least a total of 1.5 hours each during the duration of the activity/sport season/league.
- Student must participate in competition and/or games as part of their activity or sport.
- All work must be completed by the due date to be eligible for the alternate credit.
- Managers of a team or students that are unable to participate due to injury are not eligible for the alternate credit.
- Non-IHSAA activities are eligible but must meet the minimum participation requirements listed above in #5 and #6.
- Non-IHSAA – Student must e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a. Proof of participation in activity/sport listing – ie. roster with student listed as part of a team or activity
b. Copy of practice/training schedule along with game or competition schedule
* NON-IHSAA PARTICIPATION DOCUMENTATION MUST BE RECEIVED VIA E-MAIL AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION TO BE ACCEPTED.
Grades will be determined using the following 200-point rubric:
1. Coach/Director signature worth 100 points for completion of the season. Coach verification will be acquired by Mrs. Shafer. Student does not need to submit a coach’s form.
- Successful completion is defined by active participation in at least 80% of the season without injury.
- Student’s must be eligible to play based on grade and disciplinary requirements of the Coach.
- Coach will confirm that the sport or activity meets the State Physical Education standards.
2. Four 25-point quizzes. Quizzes will be located on Canvas and available approximately three weeks after the registration deadline and once qualifications have been confirmed.
Upcoming Registration Dates:
ALL FISHERS HIGH SCHOOL SUPPORTED ACTIVITIES
ARE LISTED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM.