Your #3 ranked Tigers have had the most successful first month of a season in their short 4-year history. The Varsity team’s overall record is 16-3 and in-state record is 14-3. Major wins include vs then #1 ranked Cathedral, current #1 ranked Carmel and perennial powerhouse St. X (Louisville, KY).
The wins vs Cathedral and Carmel were both barn burners going the distance to 5 sets. In both matches, the Tigers got to a great start winning the first 2 sets. However, they dropped the following 2, setting up two thrilling finishes.
Against Cathedral, the 5th set final score was 15-13 with a come from behind win. Against Carmel, the team also had to mount a come back, being down 8-11. Tigers tied the score at 13-13 and then it become a battle of wills going into overtime. The Tigers prevailed with a final score of 23-21. Both teams had multiple match points during this very intense set.
Tigers are led by players leading the following state stat categories:
- Jr. Parker Beale – 1st in kills with 179, 1st in Aces with 32, 3rd in Digs with 137 and 3rd in Hitting % at .232
- Jr. Mario Capo – 2nd in kills with 176, 2nd in Aces with 29, 2nd in Digs with 184
- Jr. Jordan Guler – tied for 1st in Assists with 309
- Fr. Franky Capo – 1st in Digs with 262
- Jr Logan Krehbiel – 2nd in hitting % at .254
- Fr. Aaron Hernandez – 6th in state in Assists with 145 (as a back up setter!)
Other major contributors are: Seniors Alex Williams, Christian Ibrahim, & Ethan Fairfield, Juniors Luke Moritz, Arie De Witt & Brian Conaway, and Sophomores Parker Zastrow & Luke Roe.
Our next home match is the annual MUDSOCK contest. Come out and support your Tigers as we host HSE on Wednesday, April 11th. JV1 start at 6:30pm with Varsity to follow around 7:30pm. All students free for all home games. Let’s pack the Cage!!