2017-2018 Fishers HS Swimming/Diving Information
To: Prospective HS Swimmers and Divers
Subject: Starting Information
Date: August 14, 2017
- The following is general information to answer questions and to give you an opportunity to stay in the water!
- Paperwork – Go to www.fisherstigersathletics.com. Then go to the tutorial page and from the drop-down screen click on For Parents and follow instructions:
Before an athlete can participate in pre-season conditioning or join an athletic team, please complete steps 1 & 2.
1. REGISTER FOR SPORTS (LINK TO REGISTRATION & PHYSICAL FORM)
IHSAA Physical (under Forms tab) – every athlete must have a physical completed after April 1st and turned into the FHS Athletic Department Office.
- VNN Alerts: Create User Account(video tutorial)
- Registering Students to Multiple Sports(video tutorial)
- Accessing Registration(video tutorial)
- Registering a Student(video tutorial)
2. Staying connected to team news (optional steps)
- VNN Alerts: Subscribing to a Team(video tutorial)
- VNN Alerts: Managing Preferences (Email, SMS)(video tutorial)
- VNN Alerts: Managing your Subscriptions(video tutorial)
3. Starting Dates and Practices – High School
- Parents Meeting – Monday, October 9th at 6:30pm in the FHS Café A!
Required meeting for parents of swimmers and divers!
- Girls – 1st practice will be Monday, October 23rd from 2:50-5:50pm!
- Boys – 1st practice will be Monday, November 6th from 2:50-5:50pm!
- All information, including team policies, will be distributed on both October 9th or November 6th! Be prepared to swim and dive at all training sessions including those during Thanksgiving and Christmas Break.
4. Switching gears, please remember that you have responsibilities to be eligible academically! Please don’t jeopardize anything and take care of your responsibilities this fall and first semester so no one is ineligible after 1st Semester! Seniors and juniors, please take note to SAT/ACT dates so conflicts don’t occur with our schedule.
5. “Don’t expect a time in your life when you’ll be free from change”! Every year, with graduation comes change BUT it also brings opportunity. There will be numerous opportunities this year…looking forward to seeing those who want to capitalize! BTW, I will be scheduling “leadership” meetings beginning in September. Information regarding these meetings will be released soon!!!
6. Swimmers – Hopefully, most of you will consider training this fall prior to the season starting. The following are options:
- Starting Monday, August 14th, we have off-season practices available for two weeks for those interested. Practices will be M-Th week one and M-F week two. Practice will be 3:10-5 except for Monday, August 21st which will be 2:50-5!
- FAST will begin on Tuesday, September 5th. There will be a parent meeting on Monday, September 11th that a parent MUST attend. The meeting will be from 6-8pm in the High School LGI room. To swim with FAST, you will have to meet team requirements and pay club dues. Registration information can be found on the website. I strongly recommend this for anyone who is not in a fall sport and is a returnee especially!
- For those of you not wanting to do the above or those of you in fall sports, we will be communicating individually over the next two weeks so we can accommodate for your schedule or needs and so you can stay connected up until the High School season.
7. Divers – Options:
- Coach Kristy has club diving practice available. See her for details!
- New participants see Coach Kristy for details and information!
8. Questions? Please let me know!