Tigers Official Sponsor

Multiple Teams · Fishers High School Varsity Football beat Hamilton Southeastern High School 20-14

Friday, September 8, 2017

7:00 PM

Hamilton Southeastern High School

Fishers High School

Game Recap

The 2017 Mudsock game proved to be another exciting addition to this rivalry series. The Fishers Tigers dominated the 1st half as the Tigers racked up over 150 yards and limited the Royals to 10 yards as Fishers led 20-0 going into halftime. Neither team could do much in the 3rd quarter, but the Southeastern Royals stormed back and made it incredibly interesting at the end of the game. The Royals recovered an onside kick with less than 4 minutes left in the game but the Tigers defense intercepted a pass and was able to eventually run out the clock after a 4th down QB keeper. Fishers moves to 2-2 on the season and is 2-0 in conference play. Fishers travels to Brownsburg next Friday, September 15.

Box Scores

Hamilton Southeastern




Game Summary


F – Matthew Wolff 3 yd run (Ben Norton kick)

The 2017 Mudsock game started off with the Fishers Tigers winning the coin toss and choosing to kick. The Southeastern Royals were forced to punt. Fishers answered with an 8 minute drive including 4 third down conversions resulting in a 3 yard QB draw by Matthew Wolff. Southeastern got the ball back with just under three minutes left in the quarter. Two tackles for loss by Michael Nettleton and Seth Sontich forced a punt to begin the 2nd quarter.


F – Norton 25 yd FG
F – Collin Statz 28 yd pass from Wolff (Norton kick)
F – Norton 35 yd FG

The Tigers were again aggressive as Jon Vore found Will Syrus for 34 yards to get the Tigers into the red zone. Good tackling by the Royals defense forced a 25 yard field goal from Ben Norton. Southeastern had a quick 3 play drive and Fishers took control of the ball again. Donovan McFarland took a 22 yard bubble screen to get the Tigers to midfield but a fumble on the ensuing play was recovered by the Royals at their own 31. Southeastern went to sophomore quarterback Kody Sparks on the next drive who was met by Nettleton again in the backfield. Tigers quarterback Jon Vore was injured on the next drive and Matthew Wolff replaced him for the remainder of the half. Wolff found Collin Statz on a great comeback throw to extend the lead to 17-0 on a 28 yard pass. The Royals got the ball back on the kickoff but the Tigers defense was not content to just allow the clock to run out. After using two timeouts and an incomplete pass, Fishers got the ball back with 45 seconds to go in the half. Wolff found Syrus for 31 yards and then scrambled for 9 yards before sliding and calling the final timeout of the half. Norton connected from 35 yards out to end the half.


Both teams offense struggled to find consistency coming out of halftime. Each team turned the ball over on downs one time and were both forced to punt. The Tigers kept the lead 20-0 going into the 4th quarter.


S – Kody Sparks 1 yd run (Tyler Melser kick)
S – Nick Mutchner 22 yd pass from Sparks (Melser kick)

The Royals were able to put together the first meaningful drive as Kody Sparks found the
end zone with a 1 yard QB keeper to get Southeastern on the board. Fishers was able to run a couple minutes off the clock, but was eventually forced to punt. The Tigers punter was not able to field the snap and the Royals jumped on the loose ball at the Fishers 44 with 4 minutes to go in the game. The Royals could not convert on the good field position as they turned the ball over on downs. Fishers gave the ball right back as they fumbled the next play. Southeastern converted on the turnover as Sparks found Nick Mutchner for the touchdown. The Royals then recovered the onside kick but Michael Prewitt made a leaping interception at the Tigers 7 yard line. Fishers was able to convert on 2 short runs including a 4th down keeper by Matthew Wolff to run out the clock.