TigerONE Awards Over $40,000 in Grants To Fishers High School Athletic Department and Athletic Teams
In May 2017, the TigerONE Board awarded approximately $40,000 in grants to the Fishers High School Athletic Department and numerous Fishers High School athletic teams. Specifically, the FHS Athletic Department was awarded $21,000 in grants and 19 different athletic teams received grants totaling over $18,000.
TigerONE team grants included the following:
- FHS Athletic Department – $21,000 in grants for a new leg press, training table, improvements to the scoreboards in the main gym and refurbishing scoreboards and signs on the outdoor athletic fields
- End zone tower for camera system for Football
- Agility and training equipment and basketballs for Boys Basketball
- Renovating outfield warning track and installing permanent protective netting in both bullpens for Baseball
- New outdoor batting cage netting for Softball
- New goal posts for Rugby
- Agility and training equipment for Girls Basketball
- New golf bags for Boys and Girls Golf
- Bench jackets for Girls Soccer
- Video camera systems for Boys and Girls Lacrosse
- Ball carts, speed guns and volleyballs for Girls and Boys Volleyball
- Singles Sticks for Boys and Girls Tennis
- Reflective gear for Girls Track and Cross Country
- Time clock for Wrestling
The proceeds used to fund the TigerONE Scholarships and Athletic Department and Team Grants came from TigerONE annual memberships and the Casino Night event held in August 2016. Thanks to everyone who supported Casino Night including our primary corporate sponsors Meyer Najem Corporation, Indiana Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates, Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Jensen/Brewer LLC, Heinzman Lights at Night, ARS Rescue Rooter and Honda of Fishers.
Head Football Coach Rick Wimmer said “TigerONE has been of great benefit to all of our athletic programs here at Fishers High School. In addition to providing scholarships for graduating seniors from a variety of sports, it has provided financial grants to numerous athletic teams for specific needs. For example, TigerONE recently helped the football program update our video technology and video equipment. The football program is very appreciative of the assistance TigerONE has provided to all FHS athletes and programs.”
“TigerONE is a vital organization for the current and future success of Fishers Tigers Athletics. They are a tremendous asset to our school and community through their positive promotion of our athletic programs and the student-athletes that they serve,” noted Michael Gaines, Head Girls Basketball Coach.
Head Baseball Coach Matt Cherry stated “Through the TigerONE Team Grants, we have fulfilled equipment needs and completed field renovations to improve the overall safety of our facility and to help make the overall experience for Fishers student-athletes even better. We are extremely grateful to TigerONE and to the many sponsors who support TigerONE and Fishers High School Athletics.”
TigerONE is a 501(c)(3) all-sports booster club at Fishers High School supporting all athletic teams and over one thousand two hundred student-athletes. TigerONE is led by a group of parent volunteers and the Fishers High School athletic directors. The key objectives of TigerONE are to raise funds to benefit all Fishers High School student athletes, coaches, teams and booster clubs, to provide scholarships for graduating student-athletes and grants for FHS athletic teams.
TigerONE Awards Over $12,000 in Grants To Fishers High School Athletic Teams
In May 2016, the TigerONE Board awarded over $12,000 in grants to ten different athletic teams including the following:
- New sideline video system for Football and a contribution to the Trent VanHoosen Memorial Scholarship Golf Outing;
- Basketball shooting machine for Boys and Girls Basketball;
- New batting cage netting for two batting cages for Baseball and Softball;
- Indoor hitting mats and nets and Tiger Golf head covers for Boys and Girls Golf;
- Precision Trainer for Girls Volleyball;
- Funds for an outdoor record board for Boys and Girls Track and Cross Country
- A new camcorder for Wrestling.
TigerONE is a 501(c)(3) all-sports booster club at Fishers High School supporting all athletic teams and over one thousand student athletes. TigerONE is led by a group of parent volunteers and the Fishers High School athletic directors. The key objectives of TigerONE are to raise funds to benefit all Fishers High School student athletes, coaches, teams and booster clubs, to provide scholarships for graduating student athletes and grants for athletic teams.